Zodiac Signs: The Science Behind the Zodiac Signs
- The 12 signs of the zodiac as we know them today have existed for over 2,000 years. In the past, the zodiac signs were still used as a calendar, but now the zodiac signs are only used for horoscopes.
- Since the earth is a sphere, the sky around us can be divided into a spectrum of 360 degrees. Each sign of the zodiac occupies an area of 30 degrees in the sky.
- Originally, the signs of the zodiac had something to do with the signs of the zodiac that were visible in the sky at that time. Since the earth is not perfectly round, the signs of the zodiac have now shifted 30 degrees to their zodiac signs.
- Note: The term zodiac has become popular in the vernacular. The zodiac sign used for horoscopes is therefore usually referred to as the zodiac sign.
The date of birth: You have this zodiac sign
In astrology, your zodiac sign is measured according to your birthday. Certain characteristics or behavioral patterns are assigned to the respective signs of the zodiac.
- January 21st – February 19th: Aquarius
- February 20 – March 20: Pisces
- March 21st – April 20th: Aries
- April 21st – May 20th: Taurus
- May 21 – June 21: Twins
- June 22nd – July 22nd: Cancer
- July 23rd – August 23rd: Leo
- August 24th – September 23rd: Virgo
- September 24th – October 23rd: Libra
- October 24th – November 22nd: Scorpio
- November 24th – December 21st: Sagittarius
- December 22nd – January 20th: Capricorn
Zodiac Signs and Horoscopes: Science and Prophecy
- The range of 30 degrees is determined quite arbitrarily in the sky. If you are on the edge of another zodiac sign with your date of birth, it may possibly apply to you. Even through leap years you can temporarily slip into another zodiac sign.
- Through the personal sign of the zodiac, astrology predicts certain characteristics and behavior patterns of the respective person. Whether this is really true is a matter of dispute in science. Several studies have both proven and refuted statistical relationships.
- With its horoscopes, astrology is not only based on the zodiac signs of the people, but also on other factors. The position of the sun, moon and other planets are also used to predict life.
More about zodiac signs
PISCES ZODIAC SIGN: TYPICAL CHARACTERISTICS & CHARACTER
Certain characteristics are ascribed to people born under the Pisces zodiac sign. You can read in this practical tip which these are for people whose birthdays are between February 20th and March 20th.
GEMINI ZODIAC SIGN: TYPICAL CHARACTERISTICS & CHARACTER
According to astrology, characteristics of the zodiac sign Gemini include curiosity and creativity. In this practical tip you can find out what else is attributed to all people who have their birthday between May 21st and June 21st.
AQUARIUS ZODIAC SIGN: TYPICAL CHARACTERISTICS & CHARACTER
People with the zodiac sign Aquarius are attributed, among other things, the characteristics of helpfulness and versatility. In this practical tip, we’ll tell you what else makes up people born between January 21st and February 19th.
CAPRICORN ZODIAC SIGN: TYPICAL TRAITS & CHARACTER
If you have Capricorn as your zodiac sign, you were born between December 22nd and January 20th. In this practical tip, we will reveal to you which characteristics are typically associated with a Capricorn.
TAURUS ZODIAC SIGN: TYPICAL TRAITS & CHARACTER
Confident and reliable, these are just some of the characteristics of the Taurus zodiac sign. Anyone who has a birthday between April 21st and May 20th is a Taurus. In addition to the positive properties, however, there are some quirks.
ARIES ZODIAC SIGN: TYPICAL TRAITS & CHARACTER
People born in the zodiac sign Aries have birthdays between March 21st and April 20th. Typical characteristics of Aries are, for example, determination and independence.