Betrayal always hurts, but especially when it comes from someone you love. And that can be the most difficult pain to bear.
But there are no guarantees in love; you put your heart at risk of getting hurt by loving someone.
Still, we learn and grow through these lessons. Here is a list of inspirational sayings and love betrayal quotes that can help you to grow stronger and get over the hurt.
Love betrayal quotes
1. Good thing about betrayal is that you will know exactly who you can trust and who you just cannot.
2. A mind that is pure will never think of betraying someone in life.
3. The one who will never betray you is the one who really loves you.
4. Pray when you feel everyone is betraying you. Only God will never leave you.
5. Forgive those who betray you, but never to trust them again.
6. When everything and everyone betrays you, kneel and pray.
7. God knows what to do with them. A heart that is betrayed cannot easily mend by sweet words and actions.
8. Love me when you are sure that you will never betray me.
9. Trust is like a precious gem you always wanted to take good care of. Once broken, it will never look the same.
10. May karma be upon those who betrays me, hurts me, and never treats me well.
11. My world fell apart when you betrayed me in front of many. Of all the people I know, you were the least I suspected of doing it to me.
12. I have a trust issue now because of a betrayal incident that happened to me before.
13. I wouldn’t want somebody to betray me so why I am extra careful in choosing who to trust.
14. Being betrayed by someone doesn’t mean everyone else will do the same.
15. Betrayal can kill one’s heart. It is one of the reasons why someone finds it hard to trust again.
16. A friend can betray you, a brother or a sister can betray you, but never the one who truly loves you.
17. Whatever the reason behind your betrayal, the only one that will matter is the fact that you just break someone’s trust.
18. A perfect relationship is the one who never betrays each other and the one who stays true forever.
19. I don’t know about you, but I think the real reason behind betrayal is greed and selfishness.
20. In every relationship, trust is very important. That is also the reason why in some relationships, betrayal happens.
21. The fact that he betrays you means that he never values you.
22. Never trust this kind of person, or else you will end up being fooled again.
23. A heart that truly loves would never think of betraying the one it loves. Instead, it will trust him and stay true to him.
24. Backstabbers are the most dangerous one because their action is never known.
25. Once you break a promise, it means you betrayed not only the one you give a promise but also yourself.
26. It only takes one mistake to break someone’s heart, especially if you did it by betraying it.
27. The only thing that differs between betrayal and cheating is their spelling. But the meaning is the same.
28. One must be very careful with whom to trust. Not all you think are good are good at all. And not you think are bad are bad at all. Life is full of surprises. Always expect the unexpected.
29. I will never waste my time hearing your explanation. If you care, you would not betray me in the first place.
30. I had enough of your lies. Every time I see you, I remember how it feels when you betrayed me. It never feels better until now. If I can only turn back time, I wish I never met you.
31. Going through betrayal is a very hurtful experience and one that most of us will have to endure. Know that you aren’t alone and that you do have the strength to overcome.
32. Betrayal hurts, especially when it is coming from someone who is close to you, but through these lessons we learn and we grow stronger.
33. If you are betrayed by someone one time, know that people make mistakes. If you suffer betrayal at the hands of your loved ones several times, then believe the character that they are showing you.
34. When someone else hurts us it can be easy to start questioning our own value, but what we need to remember is that when someone is comfortable with betrayal, that the problem rests with them and it says nothing about our own value.
35. Forgive yourself for the blindness that put you in the path of those who betrayed you. Sometimes a good heart doesn’t see the bad.
36. When someone betrays you, it is a reflection of their character, not yours.
37. The worst feeling in the world is knowing you’ve been used and lied to by someone you trusted.
38. The worst kind of hurt is betrayal because it means someone was willing to hurt you just to make themselves feel better.
39. Betray someone once, and it is the betrayer’s fault. Betray someone twice and that is his own stupidity.
40. Cheating is directly linked to lack of intelligence, insecurity, low self esteem and an overall sense of unhappiness with one’s own life.
41. The only thing worse than getting your heart broken by someone you’re dating is being betrayed by a best friend.
42. Don’t fear the enemy that attacks you, but the fake friend that hugs you.
43. Love comes to those who still hope after disappointment, who still believe after betrayal and who still love after they’ve been hurt.
44. I have felt alone when I couldn’t afford to be. But at the end of the day, I had to learn to be my own best friend, because there’s going to be days when there will be no one there for me but myself.
45. Life has taught me that you can’t control someone’s loyalty. No matter how good you are to them, it doesn’t mean that they will treat you the same. No matter how much they mean to you, it doesn’t mean that they’ll value you the same. Sometimes the people you love the most, turn out to be the people you can trust the least.
46. Betrayal is common for men with no conscience.
47. Loyalty is from above, betrayal is from below.
48. What had seemed like love was betrayal.
49. You know that you have been stabbed when you feel the deep pain of betrayal.
50. Blame and betrayal are the emotional enemies of improvement.
51. Betrayal doesn’t only break your heart but also darkens your soul. You’ll never forget the pain like a fog that forever lingers in the depths of your mind.
52. There is a big difference between being betrayed by an enemy and being betrayed by a friend. The latter hurts more.
Famous quotes about betrayal in love
1. “It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.” – William Blake
2. “It’s hard to tell who has your back, from who has it long enough just to stab you in it.” – Nicole Richie
3. “Everyone suffers at least one bad betrayal in their lifetime. It’s what unites us. The trick is not to let it destroy your trust in others when that happens. Don’t let them take that from you.” – Sherrilyn Kenyon
4. “The worst pain in the world goes beyond the physical. Even further beyond any other emotional pain one can feel. It is the betrayal of a friend.” – Heather Brewer
5. “Betrayal is the only truth that sticks.” – Arthur Miller
6. “To me, the thing that is worse than death is betrayal. You see, I could conceive death, but I could not conceive betrayal.” – Malcolm X
7. “If someone betrays you once, it’s their fault; if they betray you twice, it’s your fault.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
8. “I used to advertise my loyalty and I don’t believe there is a single person I loved that I didn’t eventually betray.” – Albert Camus
9. “‘It was a mistake,’ you said. But the cruel thing was, it felt like the mistake was mine, for trusting you.” – David Levithan
10. “I could never hurt him enough to make his betrayal stop hurting. And it hurts, in every part of my body.” – Veronica Roth
11. “Betrayal is never easy to handle and there is no right way to accept it.” – Christine Feehan
12. “For there to be betrayal, there would have to have been trust first.” – Suzanne Collins
13. “He that has eyes to see and ears to hear may convince himself that no mortal can keep a secret. If his lips are silent, he chatters with his fingertips; betrayal oozes out of him at every pore.” – Sigmund Freud
14. “We have to distrust each other. It is our only defense against betrayal.” – Tennessee Williams
15. “Some people are willing to betray years of friendship just to get a little bit of the spotlight.” – Lauren Conrad
16. “What you say or do doesn’t matter; only feelings matter. If they could make me stop loving you-that would be the real betrayal.” – George Orwell
17. “You want to believe that there’s one relationship in life that’s beyond betrayal. A relationship that’s beyond that kind of hurt. And there isn’t.” – Caleb Carr
18. If you’re betrayed, release disappointment at once. By that way, the bitterness has no time to take root.” – Toba Beta
19. “When you betray somebody else you also betray yourself.” – Isaac Bashevis Singer
20. “I’m not crying because of you; you’re not worth it. I’m crying because my delusion of who you were was shattered by the truth of who you are.” – Steve Maraboli
21. “The knives of betrayal and drama cut deep and hurt… but they also trim away the nonsense and reveal your true friends.” – Steve Maraboli
22. “Love is whatever you can still betray. Betrayal can only happen if you love.” – John le Carre
23. “Betrayal does that betrays the betrayer.” – Erica Jong
24. “We can tolerate our true enemies, but not the back stabbers and betrayers.” – Sanji Paul Arvind
25. “There is no greater blessing than a family hand that lifts you from a fall; but there is no lower curse than a family hand that strikes you when you’re down.” – Wes Fessler
26. “Stab the body and it heals, but injures the heart and the wound lasts a lifetime.” – Mineko Iwasaki
27. “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” – William Shakespeare
28. ”Betray a friend and you’ll often find you have ruined yourself.” – Aesop
29. “An honest enemy is better than a false friend. When in doubt, pay more attention to what people do and less to what they say. Actions not only speak louder than words, they are more difficult to fake.” – Zero Dean
30. Two people who were once very close can without blame or grand betrayal become strangers. Perhaps this is the saddest thing in the world.” – Warsan Shire
31. “Do you believe a man can truly love a woman and constantly betray her? Never mind physically but betray her in his mind,in the very ‘poetry of his soul.’ Well, it’s not easy but men do it all the time.” – Mario Puzo
32. “Only those you trust can betray you.” – Terry Goodkind
33. “He who trusts the world, the world betrays him.” – Ali Ibn Abi Talib AS
34. “Pride had kept her running when love had betrayed her.” – Susan Elizabeth Phillips
35. “Betrayal can be extremely painful, but it’s up to you how much that pain damages you permanently.” – Emily V. Gordon
36. “I’m not upset that you lied to me, I’m upset that from now on I can’t believe you.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
37. “People are always fascinated by infidelity because, in the end – whether we’ve had direct experience or not – there’s part of you that knows there’s absolutely no more piercing betrayal. People are undone by it.” – Junot Diaz
38. “Betrayal is the worst… and the key to moving past it is to identify what led up to it in the first place.” – Charles J. Orlando
39. “Tragedy in life normally comes with betrayal and compromise, and trading on your integrity and not having dignity in life. That’s really where failure comes.” – Tom Cochrane
40. “I have never known a more vulgar expression of betrayal and deceit.” – Lucien Bouchard
41. “Love is understood, in a historical way, as one of the great human vocations – but its counterspell has always been infidelity. This terrible, terrible betrayal that can tear apart not only another person, not only oneself, but whole families.” – Junot Diaz
42. “For me, I always wonder what’s worse: an emotional betrayal or a physical betrayal? That’s a really tough call.” – Hilarie Burton
43. “The lesser the friends, the lesser the chances of betrayal.” – Tupac Shakur
44. “Betrayal is one of my biggest fears. Betrayal happens on many different levels all the time, and there is no worse feeling than realizing someone you thought you could trust has gone against you.” – Katie Lee
45. “I know the feeling of confusion and betrayal. I know the feeling of fearing for my life.” – Jason Reynolds
46. “People on the top seldom have enemies, it’s most often the flattering ‘friend’ who stab them in the back.” – Amit Abraham
47. “There are only really a few stories to tell in the end, and betrayal and the failure of love is one of those good stories to tell.” – Sean Lennon
48. “Anyone who hasn’t experienced the ecstasy of betrayal knows nothing about ecstasy at all.” – Jean Genet
49. “If you spend your time hoping someone will suffer the consequences for what they did to your heart, then you’re allowing them to hurt you a second time in your mind.” – Shannon L. Alder
50. “Mind what people do, not only what they say, for deeds will betray a lie.” – Terry Goodkind
51. “Sometimes the people closest to you betray you, and your home isn’t a place you can be happy anymore.” – Kristin Cast
52. “A stab from a friend cuts deeper than a stab from a foe.” – Amit Kalantri
53. “One should rather die than be betrayed. There is no deceit in death. It delivers precisely what it has promised. Betrayal, though… betrayal is the willful slaughter of hope.” – Steven Deitz
54. “There comes a time when silence is betrayal.” – MLK
55. “The betrayal of trust carries a heavy taboo.” – Aldrich Ames
56. “Sometimes, instead of being hurt, you should look at betrayal as a gift. It makes it that much easier to sweep it up and toss it out with the rest of the trash. And why is that you ask? Because trash starts to stink, and when it does, it has no more value in your life.” – Donna Schoenrock
57. “When you realize you’ve been deeply betrayed, fear really hits you. That’s what you feel first. And then it’s anger and frustration. Then disappointment and disillusionment.” – José N. Harris
58. “False friends are like our shadow, keeping close to us while we walk in the sunshine, but leaving us when we cross into the shade.” – Christian Nevell Bovee
59. “Grow a thick skin – a very thick skin. And watch your back. For every back, there is a knife.” – Lily Chatterjee
60. “He who advises you to be reserved to your friends wishes to betray you without witnesses.” – Don J. Manuel
61. “When someone breaks your trust, don’t feel stupid for trusting them. You didn’t do anything wrong, they’re just an untrustworthy person.” – Sonya Parker
62. “In life you can easily trust someone, but once the trust is broken, it’s very difficult to trust anyone again.” – Sushan Sharma
63. “It’s a shame that the very people who you protect are the first ones to turn their backs on you.” – Autumn Kohler
64. “That was how dishonesty and betrayal started, not in big lies but in small secrets.” – Amy Tan
65. “Tales of power and ambition and intrigue and betrayal and desire – when you’re telling those in a big way, you automatically want to go to Shakespeare.” – Beau Willimon
66. “I will take his secret to the grave, telling people along the way. Betrayal is no sin if it is whimsical.” – Tom Stoppard
67. “Trust is earned, respect is given, and loyalty is demonstrated. Betrayal of any one of those is to lose all three.” – Ziad K. Abdelnour
68. “Let’s call cheating what it is: a complete betrayal of trust.” – Greg Behrendt
Have you ever been so betrayed that you don’t believe anyone anymore? Don’t feel sorry for yourself because you loved someone who hurt you so much.
Find a way to forgive yourself for the blindness, it wasn’t your fault. Sometimes a good heart can’t see the bad.
Learn something from this valuable lesson that God wants to teach you: Don’t give second chances to those who don’t deserve it. We hope these love betrayal quotes help you in your emotional healing.